Specialist Kitchen Removals Ltd at Rose Lea House, 63 Coroners Lane, Farnworth, Cheshire. WA8 9JB (“The Company”)
The Company provides services for the removal and delivery of kitchens and or kitchen equipment “the Services”.
The Company is appointed by the Purchaser to provide Services in accordance with these Terms of Business.
The Company’s Duties.
The Company will:
- Undertake the provision of its Services will reasonable skill and care.
The Purchaser’s Duties. The Purchaser confirms that:
- It is the legal owner of the Goods.
- The risk of damage to the Goods is the responsibility of the Purchaser subject to the Company undertaking its Services with reasonable skill and care.
- The Company has clear, safe and uninterrupted access to the property and the area where the Services are to be performed.
- The area where the Services are to be carried out is clean, level and clear of debris.
- Adequate power, lighting, heating and other necessary facilities for The Company to be able to carry out the Services will be provided.
- It will notify the Company of any changes to the completed Pre Services Checklist at the time agreed for the provision of the Services, any changes may incur an additional charge which will be agreed prior to undertaking the Services.
- All Utility services which may affect or be affected by the Services are disconnected unless it has been agreed in writing that disconnection will be carried out by The Company.
- If the disconnection works carried out by others are found to be incomplete and The Company is unable to complete the Services The Company will, at its option either:
- Complete/rectify the disconnection works at an additional charge; or
- Arrange a date in the future to carry out the Services to allow you time to rectify the disconnection works, if the latter option is selected; it is your responsibility to ensure that the Products are stored in a suitable environment until such time as the Company is able to provide the Services. You will be responsible for the costs, loss and/or damage caused due to The Company being unable to carry out the Services on the original date.
- If during the provision of the Services, you agree with the Company to deviate from the agreed Services, we shall not be liable for any costs, damage or loss arising from such deviation.
- On completion of the Services, you will be asked to sign a certificate of completion and allow Company to take photographs of the completed works. If you are not happy in any way with the Services which have been carried out and you do not note this on the certificate of completion then we will accept no liability if, in the future, you make a claim to us for damage or loss occurred during or as a result of the Services.
- If you raise a claim or issue in respect of the Services you will allow us access to review the Services and to take photographs of the Services and any alleged damage or poor quality of work.
The price for the Services shall be due and payable 14 days prior to the commencement of the Services, additional charges will become due for payment 14 days following receipt of an Invoice, VAT will be charged at the prevailing rate.
- Rescheduling of Services
The Company may at any time reschedule the provision of the Services due to factors beyond its reasonable control.
The parties will try to resolve any disputes amicable using utmost good faith, If the parties are unable to resolve their dispute may agree to conciliation by the Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution[”CEDR”]. If conciliation is unsuccessful or not agreed either party may refer the matter to the courts.
- Default and Limitation
The Company shall not be liable for any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, loss of use or production, loss of bargain or for any indirect and/ or consequential loss or damage in contract, tort or otherwise.
Save for those liabilities which cannot be excluded by law, notwithstanding any other provision of this agreement the Company`s maximum aggregate liability arising out of or in connections under this agreement whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or any other statutory liability shall not exceed the price of providing the Services.
Where the Services are provided to a consumer these terms do not affect your statutory rights.
- The law
The Contract shall be governed by English law.