What we do
- Kitchen cabinet and worktop removal
- Bespoke fitted kitchens requiring Joinery expertise
- Specialist cabinetry including glass doors etc
- All worktop types including Granite, Corian, Quartz, Concrete, Dekton and wood
- Appliance removal including Electrical and Gas isolation
- Optional packing/wrapping
- Moving and correctly staking in your temporary storage location
Your Kitchen in Safe Hands
- Bought a used kitchen on-line and need a professional company to remove and/or delivery it to you?
- Repurposing your kitchen in another property or holiday home?
- Extending your property and planning on re-using your current kitchen after works have been completed?
SKR offer a professional domestic kitchen dismantle and delivery service, specialising in the safe removal/delivery of kitchens of any style and size including all worksurface types and appliances.
Having worked alongside Used Kitchen Exchange Ltd, the UK’s leading seller of used and ex display kitchens for over 5 years we have built a wealth of ‘know how’ and perfected our removal techniques. Each home and kitchen is unique and we understand how to protect them whilst delivering our ‘white glove’ service with a smile.
We know what’s important; the safe removal/delivery of your kitchen. Our Teams are courteous, reliable and extremely skilled at what they do. They get the job done right!
Our Domestic Kitchen Removal Service
Why use us instead of your builder or a local tradesman?
- Removing pre-installed kitchens is what we do every day and we are experts in our field. Builders and other trades people do not have the same level of skill and experience as us and may never have done this type of work before. Not having the specialist ‘know how’ can lead to unnecessary damage – often of items that are difficult or impossible to replace eg would you be able to match a damaged worktop or door?
- We have the right equipment and training to do the job safely. Granite and stone surfaces are extremely fragile and very heavy with single pieces weighing up to 500kgs. SKR have the specialist lifting equipment to do the job safely; protecting your kitchen and your home.
- Each job is properly assessed. The number of men and equipment required for your kitchen removal is assessed prior to commencement meaning the job will be done right first time and as quickly and safely as possible.
- Your kitchen and home will be fully insured at ALL times. Not only are we insured to remove your kitchen we are also insured to move it to your storage location as well. We hold both public liability and haulage insurances which covers your kitchen and your home from any risk of damage. Very few trades people have this level of Insurance cover.
- Our Teams care. We will give a Conditional Report of your kitchen once removed, including photographs if required and your dismantle will be their only job that day. They are always polite, courteous, on-time and for us the job takes as long as it takes!
Our Kitchen Delivery Service
Why use us instead of a courier or ‘a White Van Man’?
When a kitchen is first installed, the component parts are delivered separately with cabinets being delivered long before the worktops and appliances using the correct professionals for each job. Moving and delivering a complete kitchen in entirety is a unique service and something we have many years’ experience of.
- Your kitchen and property will be insured at ALL times. Most courier companies or ‘white van men’ are insured for Goods in Transit only. This means they will not be insured to transport your kitchen to and from the van potentially risking uninsured damage to your kitchen and your home.
- We have the right equipment to lift and transport your worktops safely. With granite pieces weighing up to 500kgs and most property having steps, uneven ground or tight corners to consider the right equipment is a must!
- We will calculate the weight and volume of your kitchen. We ensure that the ‘pay-load’ of our vans is not exceeded – In an overweight van your kitchen will not be insured, it will run the risk of damage from ‘over stacking’ and could even be impounded by VOSA if the van is pulled over and found to be overweight!
- The correct number of men will be put onto the job. Your kitchen will be removed as quickly and safely as possible, leaving a tidy, clean space.
- Most access issues are not a problem. We have extensive experience of domestic collection and have specially designed trollies to deal with steps and uneven ground. As you will be our only job that day, we will take as much time as it needs to ensure you kitchen arrives at your storage location safely.
- If we are collecting a kitchen on your behalf we will check it over to ensure everything is as it should be. When booking with us if you are able to give an inventory of items and also the expected condition of the kitchen we will check the whole kitchen for completeness/condition.